Saturday, December 09, 2006

More than a month

Apparently it's been more than a month since I posted. A Lot's happened. I'm only going to hit the high points. I had four jobs. Two of them out of my home. One of my outside the home jobs shut down due to lack of work to do. One of my in-home ones has slowed down because of the holidays (in part because of the holidays) that I may as well not have it. My boss for the other in home job developed cancer, so that's shut down for the foreseeable future. The last job only brings in $60 a week.

A not good situation.

So I started looking for work. On Tuesday I had two interviews. One was for a gimme job that I knew I'd hate. But it paid $11 an hour, and was full time with benefits after a thousand hours. And I wasn't exactly in a position to wait for something better. The other job I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting. The pay was great (for me anyway), $602.50 a week salary with bonuses on top. I'm not stuck in an office. It's customer service where I go out to area businesses who have requested our service. I'm great at that. For me, it would be a great job, as well as a step up from anything I'd done in the past.

I didn't stand a chance. I'd actually applied, and been turned down for the job a few years back. But I went, put on my best dog and pony, and acted like I was the natural choice for the job. They said They'd call between 3 and four if I had the job. So I went to the "gimme" job for my second interview. They said be prepared to be there for two hours. I was gone in less than twenty minutes.

Now I was worried. I needed money quick with both Christmas coming, and a whole slew of bills coming due. I knew eventually I'd get a job, but would it be in time?

At about 3:20 I was at home doing dishes when my cordless rang. I receive very few calls. I looked at the phone and thought, fuck no, it can't be. It rang again. I wiped my hands quickly and answered. Training starts Monday at 10 AM. It's 10 to 4:30 through Thursday. There's a $200 bonus just for completing training, and yes training is paid.

I've been on cloud nine since. That's all for now.

No comments: