Sunday, October 22, 2006

Friday

Friday is when I decided to put this blog up (I'd been thinking about it for a while, but Friday's when I actually did something about it), so I'm starting my journal there.

Which is perhaps a less than auspicious choice since not much happened Friday (now if I'd started it a week earlier on the 13th, that would've been a completely different story altogether). But I did have a workout (I know-according to my schedule I should have worked out twice-but I mentioned it might not be the best choice), so I'll go over that.

This was workout 1, but I skipped the warm-up, (yes I know how important that is, I told you I needed something to help keep me on track), so I went to exercise 1. The leg pull. I looked for it but Total Gym doesn't seem to have any pictures of this one, so I'm just going to have to use my descriptive powers.

You take the wingbar (go here and look under pull-up, it's what he's holding onto), and attach it to the tower end. Sit on the end of the glide bar and, holding onto the wingbar with one hand, stick you're feet into the openings of the wingbar. Lay back on the glide board, letting your legs stretch out. To perform one rep pull, using the back of your ankles, until you knees bridge up. Then go back down.

Leg pull Set 1 25 reps. Set 2 16 reps. At level 3. Which is 27% of my body weight or 69.12 lbs as of my last weigh in.

Oh the way I decide to increase the resistance is simple, my first set is normally 15 reps. Then the second goes to failure. When I can reach 20 or 25 reps before failure, depending on the exercise, then I go for that on the first set. When I can do 20-25 reps both sets, it's time to go up.

Arm Pullover Set 1 15 reps. Set 2 16 reps. At level 5. Which is 41% of body weight or 104.96 lbs. Or 52.48 lbs. in each hand.
Butterfly Set 1 15 reps. Set 2 14 reps. Level 3 or 34.56 lbs. in each hand.
Seated Row Set 1 15 reps. Set 2 20 reps. At level 6. Which is 47% of body weight or 120.32 lbs.
Squat Set 1 20 reps. Set 2 same. At level 6 + 140.8 lbs in weight plates. Which works out to 186.496 lbs because you're lifting a % of the weight on the glide board.
Now the decline crunch is a crunch you do on the glide board. So you don't stress out you're neck. But it's still set in the squat position with the weight, so by bending the knees a little you also give your legs a little endurance workout as well. Two sets of 20 for those.

Then I skipped the Cool down and stretchers. Well, I think that is more than enough, for now

No comments: