Saturday, October 21, 2006

An Introduction to the Blog

Hello. I know I stole it from Johnny Cash, but I figure if you're gonna steal, steal from the best. Since this is the first post on my new blog, I felt a little explanation might be helpful. I chose the title of this blog because it describes my current situation perfectly. And, to make a long story short, I've decided to change.

Now I've tried (and obviously failed) to make this change before, and in looking back on the reasons for those failures I noticed some things. And when I looked back on those things I've succeeded on in life I noticed differences. One of those differences I've noticed is when I succeeded other people were either depending on my success, or they at least knew what I was trying to accomplish. Another factor I noticed in my successes was a stark honesty I subjected myself to in what changes I needed to make in myself to succeed.

That level of honesty can be difficult with people you know, your preconceptions can too easily get n the way. So I decided I needed a way to involve others that would also involve a certain level of anonymity. A blog seems the perfect solution. Over time of course you'll get to know me, and since you can leave comments I suppose in a way I'll get to know some of you, but there will still be enough anonymity to allow me the honesty I need.

In short (just imagine if it was long), that's why the Blog.

No comments: